Ryuhonji Temple


About The Temple Of The Temple
Gushiyama Main Temple is known as the ancient temple (main temple) of the Nichiren sect in The First Town, nanamotomatsu-do Ninnaji Road, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto City, and is one of the eight main temples of the Nichiren sect. In the Shiki-do main temple Rokuga-ji temple in Kyoto, Myojo-ji Temple, Myokaku-ji Temple, and The Temple of The Three Main Temples are called Sanjozan, both of which are opened by Nichiga seito, who is the grandson pupil of Nichiren Saint. According to the "Hwaska Sacred Place Record", which began its investigation this time, it was written that Kokon-in gave land to spread Buddhist law to the world, and it was Shijo Kushisu Nishi-Cheek
Ji-cho that built the hall. In 1536, it was destroyed by monks, and in 1594, it was relocated to the Tingdoku Imade River at the bee of Hideyoshi. After that, it was burned down by a large fire in the 1708 year (1708) and moved to its current location.
Currently, buildings such as the main hall, Soshido, Oniko Mother Shrine, Bell Tower, Hojo, and Guest Hall are designated as tangible cultural properties of Kyoto City as temple construction representing the Edo period, and the pagodas of the Buddhist Court, Owa-in Temple, Shogyoin, and Light Source Academy are lined up in the sutra.


It originated from Myokenji Temple, which was built by The Sun Statue. In 1321, Nichi-eji, a disciple of Nichiren who was involved in the teaching in Kyoto, was founded in Mujizosa Ikoji (Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto City). In 1341, the temple was moved to Shijo Kushisu (near Shijo Omiya, Shimokyo-ku). Myoken-ji Temple was destroyed in 1387 at the Sanryaku-ji Temple, but in 1393 it was revitalized in the SanjoBomonBorikawa River (near the southeast of Nijo Castle) and the temple name was changed to Myomoto-ji Temple.

In 1413, Myomoto-ji Temple was destroyed again by the sanmon gate, and 5th 19th 1995 escaped difficulties to Tamba. In 1416, Nitto restored the temple to the old site of Myojo-ji Temple (Shijo Kushisu) and called it Honoji, while Mooni re-established Myomoto-ji Temple in Gojo Omiya (later returned to Myojo-ji Temple) and conflicted with Honoji Temple. This Honoji temple was changed to "Lysuji". There is also a different theory about the severing of Myojo-ji Temple (Myomoto-ji Temple) and Honoji Temple (Reedoji Temple), and there is a theory that In 1393, Nitto re-established Myojo-ji Temple in the old land of Shijo Kushisu, and called it Honoji (Nochimoto-ji Temple).

In 1536, The Temple was burned down along with other Hwashoku sect temples during the Ten grammar flower war, and evacuated to Sakai, but emperor Nara returned to Kyoto after 1542 when he dinged him to the 綸 of the Hokuka sect. In 1544, The Temple of The Temple was rebuilt in Sanjo, Shinmachi. In 1594, at the bee of Hideyoshi Toyotomi, he moved again to teramachi Idagawa (Honji-mae-cho, Kamikyo-ku).

After being burned down in the Great Fire of Honaga in 1708, it was relocated to its current location and the garan was rebuilt.

It is called "Ryuju no Mitsugusoku" at the three temples of Myojo-ji, Myokaku-ji, and Tatsumoto-ji.

His current home is 97th Ueda Mizunuki shu (Shinzan from Myoenji Temple, Kyoto City). Urae Matsugasaki.


After the great fire of 1708, soshi-do hall, kaiso-mausoleum, bell tower hall, main hall-mae well house shape, and library, etc. that escaped the fire at the former Kyogoku Imande River were moved to their present location.
Other buildings in the garan were rebuilt sequentially. The main hall, temple (Oniko Mother God Hall), guest hall, bell tower, and front gate are designated as tangible cultural properties of Kyoto City.

The main hall was built in 1743, the temple was built in 1811, the guest hall was built in 1728, and the front gate was built in 1778. The bell tower was moved from the old land and was built in the middle of the Edo period. Oniko Mother's Temple was rebuilt after it was burned down in 1783.

cultural assets

Important Cultural Property (National Designation)

  • Konko gold and silver mud Ware Hua Sutra Treasure Tower mandala figure 8 widths
  • Hwaska Sutra 并 Fugen Sutra (Indigo Paper) 7 volumes

Kyoto City Designated Tangible Cultural Property

  • 16 Rakan figures written by Paper Book, Watanabe Yingxing
  • Kongo Sumo wrestler statue face afterimage 1000000000000000000000000000
  • Main
  • Temple Hall
  • Guest hall (attached: entrance, small entrance)
  • belfry
  • Front gate

Kyoto City Designated Meisa Garden

  • Longhuaen